Thursday, May 3, 2012

A fish out of water...

(March 19, 2012)
The current owner, Bruce, and I finally agreed upon a contract.  This contract specifies some work that he will do prior to me taking full ownership, and includes a timeline for completing that work.  The first thing to complete in the contract is the owner's responsibility to have her pulled out of the water so that my surveyor could complete a pre-survey inspection.  Since her engines have not been started for years, this may be a challenge! 

First goal: Pull her out of the water and have a "pre-survey."

We had to have her pulled--I was amazed by how small the boat that pushed her was.  Here we are headed to Washington Marine:
When we got her out of the water, there was some mild pitting in the hull:

And a leak in the keel:


The sacrificial metals were covered in river slime and mollusks (I think there is metal under there):
While I was a little sad to see the pitting in the hull, my surveyor assures me that it is not severe and it is all repairable.  She will stay out of the water while we work on the pitting and the hole in the keel.

It is also a little sad to see her out of the water.


She looks like she just doesn't belong...

No comments:

Post a Comment