Monday, January 28, 2013

A flip of the switch!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Many of you know that I have been looking forward to one very simple thing since I first entertained buying my boat: Flipping a light switch and having the light come on.  Seems pretty simple, doesn't it?  Well, it has been almost a year...and...

And, not just one, but two:

Finally...the simple joy of flipping a switch and having a light come on!  Progress...!

Now a few pics of what will be:

Here is what I am planning for the head:
Tile (Home Depot--Jeffrey Court: Icelandic Pencil)
Linen cabinet.  This is tall and will go from floor to ceiling 
This is the sink cabinet.  Two drawers for lots more storage.  The counter top will be black.
Mirrored medicine cabinet (even more storage)
And the coolest sink ever.  I decided to have just a splash of orange in the head.
And here is how these things will be arranged:

The last few weeks have been very challenging.  More than once I have questioned my decision to buy and renovate this boat.  Finally, rather than curse the darkness, I can flip on the light!  

April is just around the corner...preparations to move aboard are well underway.  

4 comments:

  1. Looking good Captain. Your right, April will be here in the blink of an eye. You will soon be racing down the river while we will be going to Dixie Spedway :>). All good things happen in April.
    Enjoy!!!

    Orin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orin, hopefully you all will be able to race down the River with me, and I will be going back to Dixie Speedway with you!!

      Delete